Thursday 29 January 2015

Get to know me



1. Name, age and where are you from?

I’m April, I am 22. I am originally from a place about 20 / 30 minutes outside of Manchester (UK) – up in the countryside. I moved to York almost 2 years ago. 

2. Education.

I went to University to study law, I then went on to further do an LPC (solicitors exams basically)! 

3. What are your skin concerns?

My skin has become so oily! That is really my major concern, it’s starting to affect my makeup lasting power and I have become prone to breaking out around my cheek areas – it’s as though my skin is going through its teenage years! 

4. What are your most wanted makeup products?

I am always wanting to try new foundations, I would love to find one which could match my love for Double Wear. I would like to try some Charlotte Tilbury products and I would love to find the perfect lip liner and lipstick for a Kylie Jenner lip!

5. Hair type. 

Pretty much super straight – I don’t even need to dry it or straighten it in the mornings. 

6. Clothing style. 

Super casual and comfy and very, very plain (though I am trying to change that!) 

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?

Before work in the mornings, I can get it done in 15 mins. On the weekend, if I am really taking my time, I can sit in front of the mirror for a good 45 minutes. 

8.  Face or eyes first?

Face! For some reason I find it really difficult to do my eyes and eyebrows without powder on them first. I hate putting eye shadow on to the foundation or concealer on my eyes. 

9. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?

Yes. Up until about 1 year ago I would never step foot out of the house without makeup on, nor would I let people see me without makeup on – I was very self-conscious about the natural face! I am not too bad now, but (and this may sound crazy) I don’t feel clean until I have my makeup on! 

10. High end or drugstore?

For certain items – foundation and power – I am predominantly high end, but I have started to experiment with more drugstore purchases. However, it’s always nice to treat yourself! 

11. How often do you change your handbag?

Not a lot. I have a large black bag for work which will also take me through the weekend unless I want a smaller one to carry around.

12. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?

On a weekday I wake up at 6:30 am for work and go to sleep around 11 pm. On the weekend I tend to wake around 8 am and go to sleep around 11 pm (or earlier). 

13. How do you de-stress?

I like to make sure my room is clean and tidy, that instantly makes me feel better - just being in a clean room. Then I will usually shower and watch some TV. I sometimes suffer from anxiety too, I haven’t quite got the hang of how to control this yet – but a cup of tea helps me!

14. What's your favorite color?

Blue! 

15. Currently watching?

Suits and Call the Midwife

16. Favourite YouTubers?

Essie Button, Amelia Liana, Lauren Curtis and Fleur De Force.

I'm hungry.

Find me on Instagram! @aprilhannahblogs x 





No comments:

Post a Comment