Monday 9 March 2015

Benefit v L'Oreal



Hello Everyone!

So today's post is going to be comparing the Benefit They're Real Mascara and the L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes So Couture as I do think I may have found a dupe, but better, of Benefit!
I apologise if my eyes are a little red or my cheeks a little patchy in the photos, I had wiped my existing eye make up off before applying the mascaras!

I hope you enjoy!

L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes - £ 10.99 at Boots UK


Where to begin with this mascara! I love it. It is so so so easy to use. As I get up very early on the weekdays for work, I do not like to spend a lot of time fussing with my make up. This gives me lots of length whilst separating the lashes with just a few coats, seriously, I don't even have to put the wand back in the pot once. However, if I want a more dramatic and voluminous look I just layer away. I love the formula of this product also, its almost gel - like... its not runny or fiddly. The only negative I would have to say about this mascara is that it is quite difficult to remove and it's one of those mascaras which comes off the lashes in tubes and bits! Nevertheless it's the best drugstore mascara I have come across so far and I will be repurchasing.







Benefit They're Real - £19.50 at Boots UK.


As you will know, there was a lot of hype with this mascara and I ended up buying mine after I tried my friends and loved it. There is no denying that this is a good mascara, it leaves my lashes looking ultra black and it definitely gives them some volume. However, I feel you need a lot longer play time with this to get it looking its best. I really dislike the formula, I find it too much on the watery side and I just find I am sat layering and layering before my lashes look even slightly voluminous. This mascara certainly gives length, but for me I think the formula can leave them looking spidery and clumpy.  I also find this mascara sets pretty fast and if you then try to put any more product on the lashes  well - welcome to clump city. Having said that, the L'Oreal mascara also isn't too great on the dry application side either.




All in all, I think at a saving of almost £9.00 and just for ease of application and terrific results, you really cannot go wrong with L'Oreal :-) For the following pictures looking face on-  the Benefit is on the right, L'Oreal on the left.






I hope you have enjoyed this. If you have any drugstore recommendations please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment